Thirteen years ago is when Star Wars Episode One came out. I remember, because it was the first time we left our new little baby with a sitter (other than my mom). And I find it quite funny that the thing he really wanted for his birthday was to watch Episode Three. It's PG13, and he has been very good about keeping our rule of no PG13 movies before you turn 13. (He has read the books of course, but he has ALWAYS wanted to watch it. ) So, last night we borrowed the three movies from a friend and watched the first two with all of the boys. Then Mr. Right and I stayed up to watch the third one after everyone else was in bed. I finally made him go to bed when it was only half over. I was falling to sleep on the couch and figured he could wait eight more hours to watch the rest. He was good and went to bed, but as soon as he got up I didn't even let him ask I just handed him my laptop and typed in the password and told him to watch it in his room where the other boys wouldn't bug him. He happily went and did as I asked. What a good kid.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
It's official!
I now have a teenager! Like for real.
Thirteen years ago is when Star Wars Episode One came out. I remember, because it was the first time we left our new little baby with a sitter (other than my mom). And I find it quite funny that the thing he really wanted for his birthday was to watch Episode Three. It's PG13, and he has been very good about keeping our rule of no PG13 movies before you turn 13. (He has read the books of course, but he has ALWAYS wanted to watch it. ) So, last night we borrowed the three movies from a friend and watched the first two with all of the boys. Then Mr. Right and I stayed up to watch the third one after everyone else was in bed. I finally made him go to bed when it was only half over. I was falling to sleep on the couch and figured he could wait eight more hours to watch the rest. He was good and went to bed, but as soon as he got up I didn't even let him ask I just handed him my laptop and typed in the password and told him to watch it in his room where the other boys wouldn't bug him. He happily went and did as I asked. What a good kid.
He went to the dentist this morning, (I know, I know, what kind of mother schedules medical stuff for their kids on their birthday?) he asked for donuts and Subway so we did that for lunch. We also ate french toast for dinner. One of his favorites. We are having a lazertag party for him in a couple of weeks with all of his friends. I think he enjoyed his day. Happy birthday Mr. Right...my teenager! Aaahhhhh!!
Thirteen years ago is when Star Wars Episode One came out. I remember, because it was the first time we left our new little baby with a sitter (other than my mom). And I find it quite funny that the thing he really wanted for his birthday was to watch Episode Three. It's PG13, and he has been very good about keeping our rule of no PG13 movies before you turn 13. (He has read the books of course, but he has ALWAYS wanted to watch it. ) So, last night we borrowed the three movies from a friend and watched the first two with all of the boys. Then Mr. Right and I stayed up to watch the third one after everyone else was in bed. I finally made him go to bed when it was only half over. I was falling to sleep on the couch and figured he could wait eight more hours to watch the rest. He was good and went to bed, but as soon as he got up I didn't even let him ask I just handed him my laptop and typed in the password and told him to watch it in his room where the other boys wouldn't bug him. He happily went and did as I asked. What a good kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to my world of roller coaster emotions and attitudes. LOL.
ReplyDeleteMy first teenager has been a dream. He'll be 16 next month. (!!!) But . . . as the second approaches . . . whoa nelly! That's gonna be a different story! :D I know that you will love having a teenager!
ReplyDeleteI love watching your teenager. He is such a good young man.
ReplyDelete