Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The blind leading the blind...

For those of you who don't know my D.A. he is loud, but that doesn't mean he speaks well. We have had him in speech therapy for a couple of years now and though he has made progress he is still lacking in verbal skills. Just because he talks a million miles a minute doesn't mean he does it well. Anyway, the point of my telling you this is because tonight overheard him trying to give a little speech lesson to Mr. Super. It was the cutest thing I have heard for a long time and went something like this.
"Okay say 'I'"
"I"
"am"
"am"
"a"
"a"
"swooper"
"swooper"
"heew"
"heew"
"wo"
"wo"
"I am a swooper heewwo"
(Translation: I am a super hero.")
I especially love the fact that 'hero' is not only two syllables it's two words. So cute! He deserves an A for effort in my book.

6 comments:

  1. This is probably my favorite story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that most of the pictures of DA are blurry. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that one! Thanks for a great chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is Hilarious! and it is the responsibility of the older sibling to teach valuble life lessons to the younger siblings. Go DA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only words that come to mind are... "great are the words of Mr. D.A."

    ReplyDelete