Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pinewood Derby

YEA! It's over again for a year. I think it is the fact that it's kind of a family legacy on my side, but the Pinewood derby is a major source of stress for me (and therefore for my family). In my growing up years I can remember weeks and months that my brothers would spend on their cars. The planning, the carving, the sanding, the painting and the hours spent in my Dad's office working on the perfect car. Every year one of my brothers won first place. It made for some good competition, but that only made my family work harder. Although we don't get quite as into it as in my growing up years, I still stress about it. At one point I was having dreams about my husband having to leave and that would leave only me here to help the boys finish their cars. My subcouncious was even stressed. And even though we didn't take weeks and months, my boys came through (with the help of Dad) and won first and second place. The legacy continues....
Spike won first place and Blue Tiger won second.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! The Kingdom sweeps again! Sorry I couldn't be there to see it (and I feel you, this silly thing was a major source of stress for me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Those are some sleek looking cars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand about the dream! When dh was in grad school, we had two derby's. I kept having to nag and remind - not fun. They would finally get cut about a week before. See, we have the other legacy - the last place one :D! Although dh's car NOW wins, because the tires were better back then. (We have races for the boys and for the daddy's to kind of ease off of the competitiveness.) Oh, Scouts. Not my favorite thing, and one more to go. - Lynda

    ReplyDelete