This morning, because of wonderful neighbors who stayed up late into the night with their snow blowers, we had a small path in the road for cars to get through. My first thought, "I can go get some apples!" Those of you who know my boys well know they all love apples and we go through a ton of them. Even more if they are all here 24 hours every day. So, even though I had stocked up before the last storm with 4 large bags, they were all gone and we were needing some more. So we went to the store.
Well, now here is the fun part. My van has been having some electrical problems. We think that it is because a couple of the little boys decided to feed the CD player coins, and it keeps trying to read them and play, even when the van is off. We have blown a couple of fuses and every once in a while the electricity in the van just stops working for a minute or two. Usually it doesn't affect my driving, it's just annoying.
So, while we are on the way to the store, we lose electricity. No clock, no radio, and then it happened...no engine. We just stopped... there in the middle of the street. My mind went crazy thinking of how there is no shoulder and barely one lane in the road. I could hardly believe it when I looked behind me and there were no cars. I turned off everything and said a short prayer. I turned the key and it worked. Moments later it happened again and this time people were behind me. I turned the key and it worked again. We got to the store and before any of the boys got out we said a prayer. We told Heavenly Father that we really needed to get home after going to the store, and asked that our van be able to get us there.
After getting apples (milk, bread, eggs, and a few other fresh things) we went out to the car. We loaded in everything and everybody. And then I got out, opened the hood and unplugged a few of the fuses and then plugged them in again, hoping to somehow re-set the computer in the van. We said another prayer and started it up.
I do feel that it was a small miracle that we got home safely and without any problems. Never even losing the radio. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father took care of us, and our van, and allowed us to get our apples.
Yay! I'm so glad you made it home safely. Thank you for reminding me that Heavenly Father listens to even the little prayers. Love yoU!
ReplyDelete(And if you ever need anything, call me! Joe is home today so I have the monster truck.)