EZ has been studying the moon in science class. We have been keeping a record of what the moon looks like (at least on the days/nights that we can see it). I always have to look up in his notes or ask the older boys which way is waxing and which is waning. I told them yesterday that I just needed a song or something that would help me to remember. So Star and Blue Tiger came up with one for me.(It's to the tune of Jingle Bells.)
Waxing's on the right, waning's on the left,
These are phases of the moon you'd better not forget.
Oh moon phases, moon phases,
they are really great.
Oh what fun it is to learn how the sun affects us....
(or something like that.)
The funny part is...it really did help. I can remember now that waxing is on the right and waning is on the left. Too funny.
I LOVE it! Your boys are so smart and creative!!! Can they make a song up for me to help me remember The Generalist Social Work Method and the Criteria of what constitutes a mental disorder? That'd be great!
ReplyDelete