Friday, May 11, 2012

Simulated Congressional Hearing

Today at his school Perfect got to participate in a Simulated Congressional Hearing and he did AWESOME! He and I have been going over his script all week and I knew he'd do well on his presentation but I was really impressed with the question and answer period. There were three guest judges. These are people in the community such as school board members and such, and they ask questions and the kids did super well at presenting their answers. I was particularly proud when a question was asked about whether the constitution would have been different if there had been women there to draft it. The other kids commented on how at the time women weren't educated like men were, but Perfect said Women have brains just like men, the only difference would have been that women would have been able to vote sooner. Whahoo! One of the judges at the feedback part of it totally praised him for that. Yeah, I was a pretty proud Mama. Not only that but at the end the main judge asked the kids if they'd like to point out the adults who helped them, Perfect chimed in immediately with, "I'd like to point out my Mom who worked with me every day on this." Even though they wanted the teachers to be pointed out I was overjoyed. Best Mothers Day Gift!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so funny story about the word "congressional": In Sacrament meeting yesterday, the brother conducting the meeting said the following:

    "Followed by a congressional hymn...I mean congregational hymn #254, True to the Faith."

    I leaned over the Mr. Perfect and said, "I wish that was the congressional hymn."

    ReplyDelete