Saturday, May 5, 2012

Last weekend

Last weekend was VERY fun! I'll start with me. A couple of my girlfriends and I drove to a nearby city on Friday night to run a 5K on Saturday morning. This is the pic of me crossing the finish line. My time was 35 minutes 11 seconds. Not bad for my first 5K. I'll do better next time.
None of us took our cameras to the race so we had to wait til we got back to the hotel to take a pic of the three of us, but here we are all finished.
 The rest of Saturday we played! This is me getting a fun glitter "tat".
 Red, White, and Blue stars! YEA!
 We ate Dummy Ice-cream and Trash Fries. (I think the actual names were Dumster's Ice-cream and Thrasher's Fries, but that's not what we called them.)
 Meanwhile... Dad took the scouts on a hike. Here is Music over looking the valley at the top of the hike. Pretty cool view!
 Here they are as a group hiking up.
 And of course the boys at the top of the rocks. Music and Right told me they really enjoyed the hike.
 Right in the rocks. I know he feels safer down there than on top of them. :)
 Of course they all wanted to play a while on the top. Very fun!
While Dad and I were out and about Cinnamon Crimson took the other four boys. And of course we had quite the schedule. Dentist appointments, martial arts class, football games...whew! I texted her in the middle of the day to see how things were going. This was her response: I am doing great. (She's got an awesome positive outlook.) Perfect got all the way to his martial arts and forgot his bag so he didn't want to go in and there was a fist fight at McDonald's so we left (I can only guess, but I am almost positive that the fight was between Prince and D.A.) but other then that things are going well. Ha everyone is happy right now and we are about to go to football. Ha the best part is Super is wearing his pants backward.
Thanks Cinnamon! We are so grateful for you!

2 comments:

  1. You Rock, Girlie!!! That is a great first time 5K time! My best time is somewhere around 30, and my worst somewhere around 50!! ;D Of course, I haven't done a 5K in about 5 years now. Need to get back to it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time with you! Can't wait to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete