Friday, May 11, 2012

SCONES

This morning we made scones for breakfast. I don't think I've made them before but today's reaction tells me we will be making them a lot more. They didn't care about putting the honey butter on them. They just ate them straight, and LOVED them.
Right was my biggest helper kneading and forming more than half of them. Perfect got into the fun a bit too, but really was more interested in eating them. What a fun way to start the day!

3 comments:

  1. I am surprised Mr. Music didn't get in on that action! Next year you might be able to call him Mr. Cook. Those scones look VERY good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm ... we love scones and make them fairly often. I also don't care for the honey butter. Just butter and SUGAR ... almost like a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooohhhh...those look so good. My mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid. She would frost them with vanilla or maple frosting. As an adult I looked up a recipe for scones and was SO disappointed to learn that real scones are more like the Panera kind, somewhere between a biscuit and a muffin. Still good, just not what I was anticipating. I'm still wondering how she (my mom) came to call those homemade doughnuts 'scones'. Is it a Mormon thing? Huh. You are the first person I've known to call them that.

    ReplyDelete