Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Water Fights Make Life Pleasant

We decided to wash the car today. It being a warm day and all seemed the perfect time to do it. I think we washed for maybe two minutes. And then for maybe 30 we had a water fight. (The only reason we quit was because Mr. Music needed to go to scouts.)
I can't have a water fight without thinking about my Mom. In seventh grade art class we were learning calligraphy. The assignment was to decorate a sign with a saying or quote. Mine read "Water Fights Make Life Pleasant" I gave it to my Mom and it hung on the wall. I think it might still be there. Probably not, but I know it hung there for at least 10 years maybe more. Mom has always said she doesn't want a wake...she wants a water fight.
I'll never forget one day when I was about eight years old one of our good friends came in the house howling with laughter. She insisted Mom come outside and see what she had brought. None of us could resist. We all went outside and were attacked by most of the neighborhood with buckets and hoses. I can't remember a summer without at least one HUGE water fight and a few little ones to boot.
My kids definitely have the water-fight gene. It's fun to relive memories of home with my boys.
Thanks Mom

3 comments:

  1. I remember that sign! I remember the water fights!! ;D Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... Did you finish cleaning the car? All play and no work makes Jack a dull car sheen.

    Looks like fun! Thanks for the cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water fights are sooooo much fun. I think I'll pull the truck out and let the kids give it a wash for some summer fun. Thanks for reminding me how fun this can be!

    ReplyDelete