Thursday, July 7, 2011

TOMATOES!

One of the last field trips of the year for the Kindergartners is to a farm. D.A. LOVED it to say the least. Each child was permitted to take a plant home with them. D.A. chose a tomato plant. When we got it, it was small enough to be brought home in a plastic cup. We planted it and prayed it to grow. Each of the boys makes sure it is watered (sometimes I worry it might drowned to death). Last week we noticed some flower buds. YEA! And yesterday I noticed some actual tomatoes growing! D.A. is thrilled and can't wait to eat them. I'm happy it has lived this long and will be delighted when we actually have tomatoes in our mouths.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe the Crimson's need some boys to help in their garden plot. Or maybe we should get one of our own. Hmm... We may have a new project when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a very wet spring (not really spring, more like a late, late winter), we were worried that our tomatoes would drown, but six of the either plants have tomatoes growing. The other two have a ton of buds that look like they will be forming fruit soon. Hurray for our side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that was supposed to six of the eight plants. I should really proof-read my stuff better. You think I would, seeing how that's what I do for a living...

    ReplyDelete