Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2nd Place!

I have a kind of legacy to live up to. I haven't slept well for a few days, and last night I didn't sleep at all. I kept thinking of letting down my son, my hubby, and my Dad.
Tonight it all came to pass. I am so grateful for those words...everything always comes to pass.

Here is Mr. Perfect's Pinewood Derby car. Pretty cool. He and Dad cut it and sanded it. Papa helped with the wheels and axles, and Mom (me) helped with the paint and weights and actually putting it all together. Wow, it takes a village... This is just as the races were starting. He was SO excited. I tried to talk to him about "What if you don't win?" He said, "My goal is to get in the top three." With the amount of racers I wasn't sure that was going to happen.
Here is a pic of the pack. They are all really good kids. I was surprised not to see any tears this year, but I did see a lot of cheering for each other and congratulations. One kid that hadn't won any heats finally won one and the applause for him just made me happy. And even in the end there was a boy who didn't win any and he was so cool about it. I was really impressed.
Here is a little video of one of the last heats. I love watching Mr. Perfect skip to his seat to watch. He was very happy tonight. Yea 2nd Place!

3 comments:

  1. 2nd place in all that competition is great. How fun was that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one nice lookin' car!
    I like the main color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby runs many derbies a year for different packs, he always really emphasizes making it fun for all with high fives and handshakes and cheering. He's doing a derby tonight (the fourth one this month) ... January is a popular month (it has a car theme I think) ...

    ReplyDelete