Monday, January 24, 2011
Perfection can be painful
Today Mr. Perfect got braces, a process he didn't enjoy but didn't mind, he was actually really good. But by this evening he was in real pain. He was crying and I explained to him about how his braces are actually moving his teeth. He understood it, but he also asked, "Why can't I just have straight teeth without braces?" To that I simply shook my head and told him, "Because you're my son, and your genes say you'll have crooked teeth without them. Sorry." He was sorry too. Poor kid. (I told him someday he would be grateful for straightening his teeth, I don't think he believed me.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel for the boy.
ReplyDeleteOh, man! Poor kid. We were told last week that Owen will need braces, but I don't think we're ready yet. I want to put it off. Ugh.
ReplyDelete