Monday, September 6, 2010

The woes of taking family pictures

Yesterday we went to the temple. It was a good thing to get us out of the house and yet still be Sabbath worthy. We decided it would be fun to try to get a pic while we were there. We grabbed a guy sitting outside and asked him to take a picture for us. He was very kind and said he would. THEN as if on cue, the boys started to scatter. "Quick, a guy has a camera, let's make this as hard as we can for him." I know they have some kind of communication through their thoughts. Anyway, so we finally get them all together and the guy taking the picture was actually really good. He was engaging with the boys and I was hopeful that we would get at least one good picture. Hmmmmm.
This was our first pic. I like it. I even like the fact that Sage was so enchanted with the temple that he couldn't take his eyes off of it.
So, here we are on our next try. I love the temple in the background. This pic just made me laugh. I love the look on Spikes face. TOTAL Spike. And Sage's eyes were going through withdrawls from not looking at the temple. Either that or Spike and Sage just can't be out of the spotlight for too long.
We decided to try one more. Okay, three boys this time. EZ is playing a bit of peek-a-boo, either that or Spike just wanted to scoot him out of the picture, you can never tell with those two. The light at that moment was too great for Star's eyes and the look on Sage's face says exactly how he feels about the current situation.
So, it seemed we had a little pattern going on. First pic...one kid off. Second pic...two kids off. Third pic....three. We decided just to take what we had and run with it. Family pictures with a big family...It's all good, we love them all. One of these days we are going to get professional pics again. And then we will have to pay for a bunch of pictures that are off.

3 comments:

  1. alas ... family photos ... one year for Christmas I told my boys their gift to me could be to cooperate when I asked for family photos ... I guess that is just TOO hard. Know you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may not look all nice and "professional", but they are the ones that you'll love the most, because they really show everyone's personalities. And would you really believe they were your kids if they stood there, all nice and still, for the snap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sage's face in the third one! That's usually how I feel about having pictures taken - enough already! :D Very cute shots.

    ReplyDelete