Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School

So, the boys headed back to school this week. It's been great! These are my four in elementary school. (Although Sage isn't officially in school, he attends a RECC program at an elementary school.) Blue Tiger started 4th grade, Puppy is in Kindergarten, and EZ is in 2nd grade. He was a little disappointed to not be going to a new school. He really enjoyed where he went to summer school and wanted to go back there. Star started 7th grade and Spike 6th. Man, am I old enough to have two middle schoolers? Both were a little nervous on their first day. Spike because everything was new and unknown, Star because he didn't want Spike bugging him every 10 seconds. (He told me after the second day that he didn't see Spike much at school. Just on the bus. THAT he can handle.) Spike has had a great couple of days and is now just excited about school. YEA!
When each of my boys started kindergarten I always wanted to know all about their day when they got home. Most of the time I got answers like. "It was good." Or "Yes, I made friends." But not with Puppy. As soon as he saw me he started talking and it was non-stop talk for a good 15 to 20 minutes. And then later when Dad asked him he did it again. All about different stuff than I had heard about. Every sentence was followed by "Yeah, it was so awesome!" I'm glad he likes it. He hasn't gotten homework yet, which has been heartbreaking for him. He REALLY wanted some last night and cried when I pulled out some worksheets for him. It wasn't from school, it's just not the same.
Sage hasn't officially started. He starts at the beginning of next week. We have enjoyed hanging out and doing stuff together. Wow, it is so much easier with just one coming along with me. For that reason, I do enjoy having the boys in school.

6 comments:

  1. Seriously... most adorable boys EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck! This is fantastic! I could just go on and on about each one of your boys. They're all so great! But then this would end up being my blog on your blog called "The fantastic boys blog!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just notice that you have named my blog, Hippie Journal, that is so awesome :)

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the boys in school -- what a milestone! My oldest sister is at the other end. Her youngest graduated from high school in June and will be leaving for his mission the end of September. Now I'm feeling old. *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post!!! I miss you guys already! I can't believe they are all going to be gone to school at some point during the day! I also love that Puppy is such a good little communicator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, 2 of your boys are already middle schoolers?! I can't believe it. Where does the time go? Your pics are all so cute; your family is so cute. I hope you're all doing well. We were talking about you guys the other day, and missing you, so I thought I'd get on and say "hi". :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete