And Blue Tiger's best friend came over for a sleep-over.
A fun filled night for all. Well, almost all.
After Spike's friends were all dropped off and Star came home. Everyone was tucked into bed for the night and I looked forward to a good night sleep.
During the wee hours of the morning I was awakened by footsteps outside my door. I never close my door all the way because so many nights I have children in need of something or another and I would rather have them come into my room and just wake me, than pound on my door and wake up everyone.
So, I knew something about these footsteps was unusual from the very beginning. They weren't coming into my room. After being awakened by them several times (I was in that dream state where I would wake up and then quickly go back to sleep thinking the footsteps were part of a dream). Finally I woke up enough to go out into the hall to find out what the problem was.
As I walked into the hall I was immediately accosted by a leg and then an arm. I stepped back to watch as Blue Tigers best friend marched straight legged with alternating stretched out arms back and forth down my hallway. "What are you doing?" I whispered.
He retorted in a deep (for his age) militant voice, "Night Patrol."
I asked him if he wouldn't mind saving it for at least sometime after 6:00. He said okay and quickly went back to bed. It just makes me laugh to think about it. "Night Patrol."
Here is a pic of he and Blue Tiger the next day at breakfast.
Yay! Fun update!
ReplyDeleteLove the Night Patrol story. I am certain Taiten will be doing that in a few years. He's still in the little kid phase of sleeping. He doesn't wake up early because he's excited about something.
ReplyDeleteWho needs an alarm system when you have Night Patrol on duty.
ReplyDelete