Friday, April 2, 2010

The Liahona Effect on Good Friday

We have had some of the most wonderful family scripture devotionals of late. Primarily, because for the last several months we have been reading in the New Testament, and reading about the life of Christ is always wonderful. But, today we got a special blessing. Today is Good Friday, and our sequential reading of the scriptures coincided with the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in John 19. My husband noticed the "fortuitous" connection, and taught the boys about what he calls "The Liahona Effect". The Liahona Effect occurs when you are faithful in turning to your scriptures, and the Lord begins to speak to you through them. We noted that the coincidence was not a coincidence at all, but a divine puctuation mark on the importance of today. Well, lately the inspiration has come more and more frequently in my personal reading. But today this small miracle happened for our whole family in our family scripture reading. It is very fitting that the Lord would provide a tender mercy like this pointing to the gift of Christ this Easter Season. It left us all feeling very loved and aware that God is mindful of us. In my personal reading following this lesson on the "Liahona Effect" I happened to be in Alma 37 which reads, "For behold it as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land." I was taken back again as my sequential reading of the scriptures became divine communication. My faith in Christ and the Book of Mormon were renewed, and I stand amazed at the Love Jesus has for me individually and for my family.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your miracle! I love these stories. I have been turning to the scriptures for answers to little, everyday problems lately, and have been given wonderful direction. I was also brought to task! :D I love the scriptures!!

    ReplyDelete