Welcome to Our Crazy Kingdom! Hope you enjoy getting to know us.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Happy St Patty's Day
My children love holidays. It doesn't matter which one it is, it is a holiday and so they love it. So, this morning we "celebrated" not only by putting our green on, but also by ingesting it. Yes, once again colored food. We made oatmeal yesterday and I was out of pancake batter so it was either green eggs, or french toast. They decided on french toast. Star tried to correct me while I was adding blue to the egg mix, but soon realized just how yellow eggs really are. They were so happy eating their green french toast and syrup. But it was a very fun way to start the day. We wont do anything else for this holiday, so we might as well start out fun.
How fun! This kind of stuff is what I really miss about not eating food coloring. I guess I could do this if I boiled down some spinach and used the leftover green water to color stuff. Sounds appetizing, doesn't it? I have no idea what I would use for blue.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make ham look green without it looking completely unapatizing. But then, Dr. Suess's birthday was in February, so that's another celebration when you can color food. I was surprised by the number of people at my office who didn't wear the green yesterday, but then I'm a little bit Irish. Funny enough, in Ireland, the towns don't bring out the green for this holiday. They spend it in church.
How fun! This kind of stuff is what I really miss about not eating food coloring. I guess I could do this if I boiled down some spinach and used the leftover green water to color stuff. Sounds appetizing, doesn't it? I have no idea what I would use for blue.
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to figure out how to make ham look green without it looking completely unapatizing. But then, Dr. Suess's birthday was in February, so that's another celebration when you can color food. I was surprised by the number of people at my office who didn't wear the green yesterday, but then I'm a little bit Irish. Funny enough, in Ireland, the towns don't bring out the green for this holiday. They spend it in church.
ReplyDelete