Yesterday Spike told her how much he loves to have her here and how much he likes to go to her house. This is very unusual for Spike. He doesn't often express his feelings so when he does you know it's for real. I was so glad to hear him tell Nana in his own words how much he loves her.
My husband loves having her here, and asks her all of the time when she is going to move in.
All of my children love Nana. I have often said that she is better than Disneyland. She plays and tickles and laughs and has fun. And not only that she lets them help her with cooking and cleaning and everything else she does. (Unlike Mom who gets a little too frustrated with too much help.)
I love having her around so much. She is service embodied. Always doing for someone else. This has been the case her entire life. I told her she gets to have a break while she is here at my house. She told me this IS a break. Oh she is so funny. I have enjoyed our time together so much. My Sister and I have tugs of war with her future all of the time, both wanting her and Papa to sell their home and come live with us. (I hope I win. of course...so does my sister.)
I love your parents! Please tell Mom I said "Hi!" How wonderful that your children get to have such a close relationship with your parents. It is something they will cherish all of their lives. My mom tells me all the time how glad she is that both my grandmothers came to live with my parents at the end of their lives. It is something that can never be taken away from them.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Please tell Mom hi, from me! Aren't Grandmothers wonderful? Have a great vacation while your Mom is there!!! :D
ReplyDeleteSay Hi to your mom from me too! *Ü*
ReplyDeleteEve, your boys are darling. These are the best pictures of them. I love the one with Malachi and his braces. So cute.
ReplyDelete