Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010 A House of Order

My goal this year is based on Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
Organize yourselves: prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.
Each month I will be studying one of the different topics (prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory, and order). This month I am focused on order.
So, with my initial focus is organization. I am trying to go through each room in the house and make it organized. Have a place for everything and everything in it's place. We started with the master bedroom. It only took a day and it feels so good to have a place in the house that is totally organized (at least almost). I've been working a little bit on the boys rooms. I keep thinking it would be easier if I had a bigger house, but I need to work with what I've got so I just have to throw out and give away a bunch of stuff. ARGH That is the hard part. Anyway, I thought I would post this and maybe somehow it will help me knowing that everyone knows my goal.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME idea! Sounds like you are already off to a great start! I love that it's a goal with a monthly focus. I tend to lose that come February, but the change to your monthly theme seems like it would revitalize the goal. Gorgeous and smart. Is there anything you can't do? Didn't think so! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping at some point to start thinking about a house of order. I know that it's a bit much to wish for your first year of marriage. We're still getting to know each other on a whole new level, plus we have the kids and their schedules to deal with (not to mention their mother). But I can hope to eventually start thinking about a house of order, can't I?

    ReplyDelete