For the last couple of years I have often said my Prince should be a cartographer when he grows up. But I guess we didn't have to wait that long. Lately he has been drawing all of the continents and labeling all of the countries with their capitols. It's what he does with his down time.
The best part... he knows them all by heart.
Yesterday while driving in the car he said to me, "Mom, name all of the countries that start with G."
I thought of Georgia, and Guatemala. He then gave me a game show buzzer sound and proceeded to give me a list of all of the G countries. Then he started telling me what other countries are on each of their borders.
Currently Latvia is his favorite country, but I'm sure it will change. A few months ago he talked constantly of Sudan. This is one of those things I would love a ton of money for. He begs to visit these places...how I would love to take him. To him it would be more than just a cool vacation, he would really learn. Oh well, maybe when we win the lotto...which we don't play...
On Sunday he was looking at flags of the world and telling Doug Sappington which flag was for what country as well as a host of other facts that not only impressed me but I think Doug as well. As I over heard Doug tell him that he was a very smart young man and the Prince's face lit up like the northern star.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved geography, too. I guess it goes along with my love of traveling to foreign parts. My sister Juli has a degree in cartography from the U. She loves maps and has the coolest globe I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteI have every confidence that Prince will get to see the places on his maps. Faith. Manifestation. Dreaming...(Lottery helps too. Or rich relative? Do we have any of those in the wood-works?) ;-) Either way. It will totally happen, your boys are amazing like that.
ReplyDeleteDo you think he would be willing to give me geography lessons? :)
ReplyDelete