So...this last week within a few days of each other we had both an earthquake and a hurricane.
Cute story from the earthquake.
As the house started shaking I was inside with Mr Music and Mr Perfect and the other boys were out on the trampoline. Immediately Mr Music called out, "STOP THAT BOYS!" We both thought for a second that maybe they had come in and were jumping up and down hard enough to shake the house. A split second after it started I realized what was going on and tried to explain it to Mr Music. The three of us sat and listened to things rattle for a few moments after the shaking had stopped and then we went outside to see how the other boys were. I was especially concerned because Mr Prince is paranoid about weather and natural disasters. They hadn't noticed anything. They were too busy having fun jumping on the trampoline. HA!
But then a few days later we prepared for Hurricane Irene.
We gathered things inside and waited. I knew from the reports we would get the hardest part of the storm while the boys slept. For that I was grateful. But the entire day before it rained! Mr Music went outside in the rain for quite a while. I kept asking him to come inside and he refused. When it was finally raining too hard for him to stay outside he came in sopping wet and told me. "Mom, I kept singing 'rain rain go away come again another day' but I don't think it was listening." Oh how sweet! He knows how scared Mr Prince is of bad weather and wanted to protect his little brother from the rain. Precious!
such great boys!
ReplyDeleteThat really is sweet! I thought about you guys a couple of weeks ago. We were in our fast and testimony meeting, and this older sister talked about her and her husband's recent trip to MD to visit their son and his family. She talked about the earthquake, and I kept thinking, "Don't you mean hurricane?". Anyway, afterwards we went and talked to them about their trip. It made me really homesick for MD and you guys! :) I hope you're all doing well.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Kim