Thursday, June 17, 2010

Star makes me happy

It's true it's true. Star makes me happy. This kid is swiftly turning into a teenager. It is something I have feared for years. But the wonderful part of it is the way he is doing it.
Example:
The other day as he left the house I told him to comb his hair. I don't like the way he has been combing his hair lately and have been very vocal about my opinion. Still he combed it the way he wanted it. So, while he was giving me a hug goodbye (yes, he still does that, oh what a great kid) as I had him in my grasp, I pushed his hair the way that I liked it. He then headed out the door only to go straight to the front window and push his hair back to the way he had it combed in the first place. All with this mischievous look on his face.
Another Example:
The other day was a court of honor and he received his Tenderfoot (YEA STAR) Since Dad was supposed to go up with him (Mom stayed home with the little boys) he went over to where Dad was seated and grabbed him by his shirt collar and dragged him up that way. Just having fun with it.
I love my Star and the fact that he is starting to show a little bit of attitude, but still with his fun personality.

1 comment:

  1. All in the spirit of fun! I do prefer this route than the terrible alternative. He's great!

    ReplyDelete