Monday, May 17, 2010

Painting

This week was crazy busy for us. We had things going everyday. But we had a friend who needed a painting job, so we cancelled a couple of appointments and cleared out the living room (as much as we could) and painted. Now I have to say we have been talking about painting for months. But taking the time to actually do it is a very hard thing to do. So, both my hubby and I were glad for the motivation of "helping" a friend.
I didn't know what color I wanted to do. And we set the appointment to paint only 24 hours before we were actually going to paint. So, I hadn't taken the time to mull over the color and really think about what I wanted. So, I got to the store (I had Sage and Puppy with me so we had to make it quick. Sage has a tendency to destroy stores.) I looked at my options and five minutes later I was taking home green paint.
I really like the color, it goes well with our brown furniture and I will accent with deep reds. When I get the whole room put together again I will post a pic or two.
We only did a couple of walls during the day. (Painting with my boys around is not my favorite way to paint.) So, that evening after we put the boys in bed we finished the painting. YEA! Before devotional the next morning we had the boys help us put all of the furniture back. And now we have a newly painted room.
We went from a pretty pale orange to an apple green. Both colors remind me of our Angel away at college. I was already thinking about her, maybe that is why I chose green...hmmmm.
I love our new room.

5 comments:

  1. I love the green. We used an bright apple green in our kitchen (although the paint store called it Swiss Chad). It's just on one wall and in the stairwell going downstairs. We're going to paint another wall in the kitchen a washed-out yellow, which will brighten it up so much. It used to be all dark paneling and this really weird green, fuzzy wallpaper.

    It's so fun to have something come together and look the way you want it to.

    Love ya!
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love a freshly painted room!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo! You're so cute. LOVE the green. Have had green on my mind a lot lately and want to do my bedroom in that color. You have inspired to me to re-start my OWN painting projects. Can't wait to see it, IN PERSON! in less than two weeks! Soooooooooo excited! And excited to meet the Allreds. :-D LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love green! how fun to redo a room! i look forward to some day painting--and i'm sure it's much easier with lots of helping hands!

    ReplyDelete