Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dates with an Angel

I am sure my boys have no idea how lucky they are. Our wonderful Angel decided before she went back to school she would take them each out on a date. HOW FUN!
The boys were all really excited and looked forward to "their day" with much enthusiasm. In fact at the end of the week there were a couple who asked to go again. It's just fun to spend time with our Angel. I would have liked some time with her too. (I did get an hour or so the day before she left, so I guess I can't complain.)
She took one of the boys out each day for six days. What a fun week for my boys. The best part was the fact that she really took into consideration what each of the boys would like, and really made the dates special for them. She is so cool!
So Monday night she took out Star. It really was a nice thing for him. The demands on his time lately have been really stressful. With school, scouts, the play, church, lessons, etc...it was so great for him to go out and just have fun for a while. They went bowling, had some dinner there at the alley and had a great time. I think it was a much needed night for our Star.
Tuesday she took Puppy. They went to paint. (The nice part about that was that I got a present out of the date. A new Gravy Boat! Whahoo. Thanks Puppy.) He still is talking about how he got to go painting with our Angel. He also got to go over to her house for some dinner . (Just him... A HUGE-LY COOL event in his mind.)
Wednesday Sage doesn't have school, so they went during the day to a museum just for kids. HE LOVED IT. He got to play, and dress up, and play some more. I think he must have been in heaven. This kid doesn't nap often, but he napped all the way home and then slept like a baby that night as well. He had SO much fun!

A lot of thought had to go into EZ's date. He is one tough customer. If he doesn't like something he will tell you straight to your face he wants to go home now! I knew he needed a new winter scarf and suggested they go find one he liked and then Angel had a plan. They went to the mall and ended up spending quite a lot of time there. Angel was great, instead of trying to lead him she followed. He went in a ton of stores, not only stores that would have scarfs but a ton of others as well, and some he just walked in simply to walk in and then out again. He stopped at the play area a couple of times and finally the last store they were going to go to they found a scarf. YEA! THEN...EZ loves their convertible... So, (even though it is the dead of winter) they drove with the top down through the County's Christmas light display. HE LOVED IT! And even insisted they drive with the top down on the way home. Needless to say they were all Popsicles, but he sure had fun.
It wasn't hard to decide what to do with Spike. CD shopping!!! I think in his mind that is the best thing in the world. Angel took him to the book store and they had some goodies there, then she bought him 2 CD's. And then they went to another store and found another one (from Grandma and Grandpa Crimson). He bought these three CD's. He is one happy guy.
Last...but definitely not least...Blue Tiger. One of our local fire departments has a seasonal display of model train towns. They went to see the trains. (He was thinking he was going to have to ride a train and kept asking Angel to make sure they didn't do anything that would go too fast. ~so cute~) They also went to the store and bought a Pokemon toy (the greatest thing in the world) and went back to her house for a little Pokemon game. Whahoo!

So, that was my boys week with an Angel. My how we do miss her when she is gone. Fortunately she knows how to make great memories. Thanks Angel! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. She is truly an ANGEL! And someday she will make the best teacher in the world. I just love that family they are the most loving and giving people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the chauffer through the light display. It was a blast and not just a blast of cold. Actually I decided the only way to view the Christmas lights is in a convertable with the top down. When we stopped to pay the entrance fee, the attendants were glad to see that someone else besides them was going to be cold as they went through the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that was quite the week for your boys! she is so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete